Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Halfway

This morning we woke up early and were ready to go to the chapel service at Gospel Light Christian School. The breeze this morning made it feel almost cool.... almost. We had a great service at the school. The students always seem to enjoy the puppet show. The students continue to amaze me with all of the different "hats" they are wearing on this trip. We got to go shopping at the vendors in town after chapel. We were all ready to do a little bartering. I have to admit that this is not my skill. I have a hard time showing disinterest in something when I really want it, and I have a hard time asking for a lower price after they give me the first one. I am thankful Jonny was there to help me. I could have learned some lessons from other team members too. :) Although, some were just as bad as me! After shopping, we stopped for a little treat for the team. We ate at an Australian ice cream shop the last time we were here and I still think about it. We were able to take Nathan and Renee and the team members for some delicious ice cream. I  am trying to figure out how I can get some more before we head home, but it is very out of the way!

The team had the second night of VBS tonight and came home exhausted. We were so excited with the 42 children last night, but tonight there were over 60. They had to restructure a little bit to accommodate that many. I believe that there are some more plans for tomorrow night to make things flow a little better as well. There have been a good group of teens there each night, so Jonny and several others are going to try to do things specifically for that age range. We have babies all the way through teenagers, so it makes things a little bit difficult, but everyone is doing a great job being flexible.

Tomorrow we have another chapel in town and work at the radio station. We are trying to finish up some projects for them before we have to head home. We will have another night of VBS after a short break in the afternoon.

We really do appreciate all of your prayers! We are having a wonderful time. The sunburns are minimal and the bug bites are just starting to appear. The girls were all able to shower, so they were very happy today!

Kathryn Gamet







No comments:

Post a Comment