Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day in Antigua

Today was a very hot day here in Antigua. We remembered saying last time that we were here that Sundays were the hottest days, and today that was very evident again. We have had a very full day.

This morning we were able to minister at Grace in St. Johns. We had many special music numbers in the morning and in the evening services. I was watching the team sing today and I thought about all of the many talents that God has given this group. We came here primarily to help with the Radio Lighthouse, but each team member has many gifts to be used in many different settings. Joshua, Sarah, Angel, and Andrea led a children's church during the main service time. They did an excellent job! There were games, songs, puppets, a lesson, and a craft time. I enjoyed getting to watch them.

We hurried home for a quick lunch and rest this afternoon. The heat really wiped us out today. Then this afternoon we met at the Kirkland's house for some final planning for our Bible School. We then broke up into groups and walked through the village handing out flyers and inviting children to Bible School this week. We are excited about what the Lord has in store for us through this opportunity.

This week we have a lot planned and are ready to get to work. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings we have chapel services in three different schools. We will be doing puppets, songs, and Jonny will be giving a challenge. Each afternoon this week, we will be having Bible School at the Kirkland's home. Please pray that for each of these events that God will be seen and we will be used of Him.When we aren't in schools or Bible school, we will be continuing to work at the station on the different projects.

For God's Glory,

- Kathryn Gamet

P.S. The team all wanted to write their moms a note for Mother's Day since the couldn't be there with them. We wanted to include them in our post for today!


Kyle Cline: “Happy Mother’s Day, mom! I love you so much, and thank you for all that you’ve done. Like I told you before, I’ll take you out when I get home, and we can hang out some! See you in about a week and a half!! Love you.”

Mom,
Thank you for being my best friend. You’re an amazing mother and I’m very proud and thankful for you. I love you!
Your daughter,
Katie Leigh MacDonald

Victoria Sparkman: Happy Mother’s Day Mommy!! I hope that everyone else is spoiling you today cause I can’t. Thank you so much for all that you have done. You’re the best mother that anyone could ask for and my respect for you grows daily. Love you so much!! – Tori

Lee Campbell: Happy Mother’s Day, mom I hope you had a great day, thanks for everything you’ve done for me. Thank you for all you’ve sacrificed for me and we will have to do something special while I’m home for a bit. Love Lee.

Lana Bowker: Salut Mama!! Bon Jour de Mere!!! Hey Mom, Happy Mother’s Day!!! Hope you have had an awesome day. Thank you for all your support and for putting up with me for the last 21 years. Thank you so much for all you’ve done for me. Love ya- Lana

Joshua Tittiris: Mom, I hope you had a great Mother’s Day! I wish I could have been there with you to celebrate. When I come Home we will celebrate. I Love you!

Emily Lewandowski: Mom, thank you for always being there for me! I love you! See you soon.

Jonny Gamet: (R&R) I love you so much! God truly blessed me with the most wonderful mother a child could ask for. Your consistent godly testimony is such an encouragement to me. I know that no matter what I may face in this life, that I always have a prayer warrior in my corner. I love you so much and I can’t wait to talk to you soon Mom! We love you and Juju misses you! 

Angel Gillespie: Mom, I am sorry that I have not been home for the past two Mother’s days and birthdays. I love you so much and I can’t wait to see you in a little over a week!

Emilee Nelson: I love you lots Mom! Thanks for all you do for me. You are the best EVER!! Love you mostestestester and forever and ever See you soon. Baby Doll

Kaitlyn Unruh: I love you Mom. I am still alive. I will see you soon…. KK

Abby Edwards: Dear Mommy,
I am so thankful that God gave me the best mom (and parents) in the world. I am glad I got to see you even for a few days before I left and I look forward to lots of good “mommy-daughter” time this summer. Next time, you and I need to go on a traveling adventure together. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! Thanks for being my best friend!
Ab

Sarah Shirey: Dear Mom,
Surprise, I know I said I wouldn’t get to say happy mother’s day on mother’s day…but I lied :P Happy Mother’s day!!! Have a spectacular day, love you lots! And I’ll see you soon J
Love,
Sarah J

Kathryn Gamet: Mom, I love you so much! Sorry I won’t get a chance get a chance to call today. Every day I grow more and more thankful for all you have done for me. I hope that I can be as good a mom to Julia as you were to me. I am so thankful for you example to me.

Andrea Sanford: Dear Mom, There's nothing more I'd like than to pick up the phone right now and call you while we drink our coffee together. I also wish I had thought to send you a card. Life is so cruel. Basically, if I had called you I would have told you that you are the only thing between me and going crazy.  I love you and Happy Mother's Day! Love, Andrea :) -- ALSO Andrew hola and I miss you babe.....<3








No comments:

Post a Comment