Sunday, May 19, 2013

Last Sunday in Antigua

We had a great Sunday here. But as usual, it was very hot! :) We were able to serve at Maranatha where the Bakers and the Kirklands attend. I had the opportunity to speak in the Ladies Sunday School. I was honored that Nancy asked me to talk to the ladies, but I felt completely inadequate for the task. I was able to share some verses that have meant a lot to me and have changed my view of my relationship with my God. The team was able to share some special music numbers in both the morning and evening services. There were two different groups who worked in Sunday School and Children's church. It was great connecting with believers and seeing how our God is the same God that they serve. Sarah Shirey was able to speak with a lady who lived in Switzerland. They were able to converse back and forth in Swiss-German. I have to say though that I am not sure when or if anyone is going to bed tonight. The entire team slept away the whole afternoon.... 3-4 hours! They were all exhausted.

Tomorrow is our last day of working at the station. We have some projects to finish up before we leave. It is hard to believe that our time is quickly coming to an end. Tomorrow is a holiday here on the island: Whit Monday. It is 50 days after Easter and is in celebration of Pentecost. We will finish up the day with a bonfire on the beach to roast some smores and fellowship with the missionaries before we leave.

Again, we are so thankful for your continued prayers. We would appreciate your prayers for Katie MacDonald. She got news from home today that her grandfather passed away. She was very close with him.

For God's Glory,
Kathryn Gamet
Nathan and Renee down at the beach

A beautiful Antiguan sunset





Emilee with Ken and Nancy Kirkland



No comments:

Post a Comment